Overall, topics planned for discussion (subject to change depending on questions you may have) include:
- What are your thoughts and feelings towards birth now, as a first-time parent, or as someone who has given birth (or been present at a birth) before? If you have given birth before, what do you feel made it a positive, negative, or neutral experience?
- Do you feel ready for your birth? If not, what do you feel you need to do to be as ready as possible?
- Intro to birth planning, preparation, and making decisions ‘in the moment’
- What is a doula? What does a doula do and not do?
- What is the difference between a doula and a midwife?
- What are the potential benefits of having a doula?
- What is your partner’s role when using a doula?
- What types of birth do doulas support? (SPOILER: We support all types of birth!)
- What are some examples of ways a birth doula’s support is tailored to different clients who have unique circumstances?
- What are some tools a doula may use to support her clients?
- What questions should a potential client ask to help them find the right doula for them?
I am looking forward to seeing everyone who is able to make it out this night! As always, my Initial Consultation is free for all, so if you are unable to make it out to this Meet the Doula Event but would still like to meet, call or text me at 306-458-7630 or sign up through the contact form at THIS page.